KEY DATES - CAO, HEAR, DARE, etc.
Please click here for a timetable of most of this year's events.
CHECKLIST FOR 6th YEARS
- Do you need to apply to a PLC (Post Leaving Cert) course? Click here for further info.
- Do you need to apply to the CAO (Universities and Institutes of Technologies)? Click here for further info.
- Do you need to apply to colleges in the UK,? Click here for further info and here for an overview of application process.
- Do you need to apply to NUI (National Universities of Ireland) for a language exemption (Irish and/or Third language) click here for further info.
- Do you need to apply for the grant? Click here for further info.
- Do you need to apply to HEAR? The Higher Education Access Route (HEAR) is a college and university admissions scheme which offers places at reduced points to school leavers from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds - click here for further info.
- Do you need to apply to DARE? The Disability Access Route to Education (DARE) is a college and university admissions scheme which offers places on a reduced points basis to school leavers with disabilities - click here for further info. How do you know if you are eligible - click here.
- Are you applying for medicine this year? The Medical Council has launched a new education area of our website, the site is an educational resource for students considering a career in medicine. It provides information on how to become a doctor including where to study, entry requirements and what to expect as a medical student. Please click here for general information on applying for courses. For further information on the HPAT (Health Professions Admission Test - Ireland) click here.
- To learn more about going to college and CAO offers, watch this video clip.
Vocational Guidance Year Plan
- Study Skills
- Vocational Guidance Interview 1 for all students
- CAO application details overview
- CAO system contd.
- CAO /UCAS update
- PLC colleges / other training
- Study & Stress
- Vocational Guidance Interview 2 for all students
- Financial Aid
- Exam reviews and rechecks
- End of year general information & advice